When making a registration or purchase online, the user expressly guarantees Monoblu their consent to use their data and address, as well as data related to their purchases and payment methods. These data will be stored and processed by a computer and can be used for communication purposes to strengthen and personalize the offer of products, services, promotional or advertising campaigns, or for processing orders.
1. Information Collection and Use
The user has the right to the protection of their data. Monoblu respects users’ rights to information about the collection and processing of their data.
Monoblu, as the controller of the collected personal data, determines the purposes and how your data is processed, including all security measures. Monoblu ensures that personal data is processed in Puerto Rico correctly and lawfully manner and in accordance with good practices.
2. Responsibility for the processing of your personal data
Monoblu is responsible for managing the website and for processing the data collected during your navigation and can, in this context, use of third party services (subcontractors), which act in the name and on behalf of Monoblu, is also required to implement the technical security and organizational measures applicable under the law.
3. Personal data collection, its use and treatment purposes
In the context of your navigation on the website, Monoblu may collect and process the following categories of data for the purposes listed below:
- a) In case you subscribe to our newsletter with information about Monoblu products and services, you will be asked for an e-mail address, which will be used only for sending these newsletters through the provider Mail Gun, your gender which will be used to segment promotions, new arrivals, and other information and your IP address. In the case of registrations, we will keep your first and last name associated with the subscription;
- b) When you complete any product purchasing processes on this website, we collect your personal data in the order form (for example, name, e-mail, date of birth, size, address, telephone), for sale, separation, and transport of the products ordered by you.
- c) When you save a delivery address, we collect your personal data to simplify the preparation of your future orders;
- d) When you create or share your Wish List, we collect your data to customize our services for purchasing products on the website;
- e) Monoblu will also collect data on your website’s use for statistical purposes and improve the user experience, including your IP address, browsing behavior through Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel tools.
- g) When you choose to contact us via e-mail, the collected data (name, telephone contact, e-mail) is intended only for support of purchase or post-sale clarification.
- h) When you choose to receive an automatic notification when an item of your choice is out of stock in your size, we store your e-mail address, size, and item to inform you about new stock via e-mail.
- i) When you choose to receive push notifications with new arrivals, offers, and other promotions, we store your IP address, country, and device used. If you wish to disable our push notifications, access your browser’s settings, and under Advanced Settings – Privacy – Notifications – block our site.
In case there is any change in your personal data, we ask you to communicate it to us using the following e-mail: [email protected]
Unless otherwise specified, your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes not permitted by law or without your explicit consent. Your personal data will only be communicated to third parties when necessary to process an order, namely:
- Electronic payment services, through credit or debit cards via the payment platforms Stripe or PayPal;
- Processing of purchased products;
- Select, pack and ship items;
- Resolve issues or questions related to the sale of products;
- Process payments of purchased items;
- Process returns of purchased items.
Monoblu can have access to third-party personal data disclosed by users of this website, for example, when a user buys a product to be sent to a friend or when the user who pays the product is different from the recipient of said product.
In any situation involving the disclosure of sensitive/confidential data to Monoblu, the user will be the only person responsible for the disclosure and unauthorized use of the data by third parties.
You should be aware that, except as specified in the following paragraph, the personal data we ask you to provide us, including e-mail, address, credit card number or debit card and telephone number, are required for processing your order and for the purchase of products on this website to give effect to obligations under applicable laws and regulations or to provide other services provided on this website and requested by you.
Therefore, the refusal to provide us with some personal data may prevent us from processing your request for the purchase of products or the delivery of other services on this website.
Failure to provide your personal data can justify our refusal to process your order for the purchase of products on this website or for the delivery of other services.
The disclosure of your personal data beyond what is necessary to meet the legal or contractual parameters or to provide the services you request is optional and has no effect on the use of this website or its services and product purchase. We will inform you if your personal information is mandatory or optional, marking with an asterisk (*) the information that you are required to fill. Failure to complete the optional data will not result in any penalty.
You can request a copy of your stored data at [email protected] at any time.
4. Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data may be disclosed to third parties that provide specific services, such as external entities contracted by Monoblu, or that independently process the personal data collected by Monoblu and in connection with the observance of a contract for the purchase of products on this website.
Any disclosure shall be made without going beyond the purpose for which personal data were collected and further processed.
In addition, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties for:
- compliance with applicable laws,
- response to judicial and government inquiries,
- conformity to valid legal proceedings,
- protection of the rights or property of Monoblu.
In any case, your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without informing you or without your consent when it is required by law, except as specified in this document.
5. Confidentiality and security
Being responsible for website management, Monoblu is committed to developing the best efforts to ensure the privacy of the data collected and/or transmitted online. The security and privacy of the data collected are of crucial importance to us; therefore, Monoblu is committed to protecting such data. To this end, we use security technologies and procedures to protect collected data against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, it is not possible that Monoblu eliminates all of the risks related to data safety.
Access to the data collected is limited to Monoblu employees, subcontractors, and third parties who need such access to perform the agreed functions of providing products and services to the user.
Access may also be made available to state authorities, if necessary, to comply with the legal or contractual obligation of Monoblu, particularly when it is required by law or by any court order or administrative nature, provided it’s issued by the competent institution.
Monoblu adverts you that the data collected on the website may, at the time of collection, circulate without security on the network, at the risk of being seen and used by unauthorized third parties.
Monoblu uses automatic data collection systems such as cookies. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by websites that are visited, providing automated procedures for collecting information on the preferences determined by a user during your visit to a particular web page. Whenever the user returns to access the website in question, these files are automatically activated so that they configure the website to the preferences registered in previous visits, allowing faster and more efficient navigation and eliminating the need to enter the same information repeatedly.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, and you should accept, reject, or delete them, through the settings for each browser. The user can configure their browser to prevent the creation of cookies or alert them when this occurs. In the non-acceptance of cookies, browsing the website is still possible, but the user experience is adversely affected.
The information collected and/or stored by cookies used by Monoblu is not intended to obtain personal identification of the user. It is used only to optimize our services and the services of this website to the needs and preferences of each user and so that the preparation of webpages is customized.
7. Information, amendment and disposal rights
You have the right to obtain from Monoblu at any time, confirmation that your data is being processed, even if they are not registered on the website, as well as the communication of such data in an obvious way.
You have the right to be informed by Monoblu about the origin of the source that transmitted your data, the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data, the logic of the electronic processing of data, information on the external entities and the names of the subjects and categories of entities to whom your data may be disclosed or who may access your data.
You have the right to obtain at any time from Monoblu:
- a) updating, rectification or integration of your personal data;
- b) the deletion, transformation into anonymous or blocking of your personal data, which is treated as a violation of the law, even when the data storage is not necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and subsequently processed;
- c) confirmation that the operations in points a) and b) have been reported to whom the data were communicated or disseminated, except when it becomes impossible to do so or if it means exceeding the protection of the rights that invokes.
You have the right to object, in whole or in part:
- a) for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal data, even if it is related to the purposes for which they were collected;
- b) to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes or direct marketing or to sell products or perform market research or commercial communications.
You can exercise your rights at any time, provided it is done in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, by sending your request to Monoblu through the following e-mail: [email protected]
8. About content and related services linked through the website
9. Changes to this website policy privacy